HOTEL REAL D'ÓBIDOS
Building with origins in the 14th century, classified and an integral part of Óbidos Castle as a national monument, it was for centuries the residence of noble noblemen, the last of whom were chief captains of the town.
In a citadel full of history and belonging to the Casa das Rainhas until 1834, the former Solar dos Sanhudos was named after the property that now houses the Hotel Real D'Obidos. Third Order, the earthquake of 1755 which is resisted, the liberal revolution of 1820 and subsequent social conflicts among many others.
In a city shrouded in mystique, it made sense for us to outline a concept alluding not only to the history of the village but above all to the monarchs who contributed most to it.
Each room bears the name of a king linked to the town's history and different decorations, with elements and historical records in public areas.
For all the past that it has seen and contributed, to the recognition of its architectural and cultural value, it is with pride that we will continue on the path of valuing the town's heritage, assuming ourselves as REAL D'ÓBIDOS HISTORIC HOTEL.